2015 SFA Western Chapter Annual Meeting
The Sustainable Farming Association’s Western Chapter is celebrating SFA’s 25th anniversary with its annual meeting from 4 to 8 p.m. Sat., Jan. 17, at the Milan Community Center Meeting Room (the old elementary school) in Milan. The event is free and all are welcome; registration is not required.
Here’s your chance to gather with local sustainable farmers to find out what SFA is all about AND what’s going on in our Western Chapter region. Bring yourself, family, a friend and a dish to share! Discover what SFA offers to members and the communities where we farm.
- 4 p.m. – Meet and mingle, tour of nearby Garden Goddess winter greenhouse and the season’s exciting research projects there
- 5 p.m. – Potluck at the school
- 6 p.m. – Annual meeting
- 6:30 p.m. – Breakout for meetings of Grazing and Deep Winter Production interest groups
- 7:30 p.m. – Music jam of local farmer/musicians: Bring your instruments and voice to join in or just stick around to enjoy some great local music!
Still not sure you want to come? Really? Consider these fabulous prizes:
- If this is your first SFA meeting, you’ll get a free membership.
- The person who travels the farthest will be awarded a special mug from SFA board member Richard Handeen.
- Door prizes will include a “Northland Winter Greenhouse Manual” and an organic apple share from Kaliroe Farm for fall 2015.
For more information, contact Richard Handeen at moc.l1422454206iamto1422454206h@nee1422454206dnahr1422454206 or 320.269.8971.
Coordinator: LeeAnn VanDerPol
Address: 4075 110th Ave. NE
Kerkhoven, MN 56252
Phone Number: 320-367-2061