All four internships will involve at-home, non-residency work collaborating with one of the event coordinators, plus on-site work at both conferences. Interns will learn the finer details of nonprofit sustainability event production, and will have the opportunity to attend conference sessions on a wide variety of topics, as well as meeting leaders in the sustainable agriculture movement.
The non-residency portion of these internships will begin in December 2013, and will connect the interns directly with particular event coordinators, involving them in the minutiae of event production.
- Feb. 7-8, SFA Annual Conference, College of St. Benedict, St. Joseph, MN
- Feb. 19-20, Midwest Soil Health Summit, Arrowwood Resort, Alexandria, MN
In addition to the educational opportunities, the interns will also receive:
- Complimentary registration to both conferences
- Free one-year membership in SFA
- Farmer-to-Farmer Network T-shirt
- Lunch at Midwest Soil Health Summit
- Executive Director’s Assistant
- Conference Coordinator’s Assistant
- Communications Coordinator’s Assistant
- Grazing & Soil Health Specialist’s Assistant
Application Deadline: Nov. 10th, 2013
Application Process: Request information from Jerry Ford, Conference Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org, 763-244-6659