Sustainable pork producers can benefit from listing in the National Pork Board’s Niche Pork Directory. This searchable database allows consumers to connect with farmers who share their sustainability concerns.
- Minnesota Dept. of Agriculture Grants page
- Approved Sources of Meat and Poultry for Food Facilities (PDF)
- Sale of Locally Raised Eggs to Food Facilities (PDF)
- Sale of Home or Farm Raised Poultry (PDF)
- The Samuel Roberts Noble Foundation has published a guide to constructing a hoophouse. Click here to view the guide and download the PDF.
- Grit Magazine published a terrific guide to starting and succeeding as a CSA farm operator by author Nathan A. Winters. To read the article, click this link or download in PDF format.
- An SFA partner organization, the Institute for Agriculture and Trade Policy, released a comprehensive “Farm to Childcare Curriculum Package” that has extensive resources for childcare centers who wish to serve locally produced food. Download the package at this link.
An organization called The Noun Project, in collaboration with Mother Jones Magazine, has created a set of digital icons, or “emoji,” for sustainable farmers. These icons are in the public domain and are free to use by anyone for any purpose.
To view and download the icons, click here.