Good Food from Good Farms
A local foods event sponsored by Lake Agassiz Chapter, SFA-MN
and Growing Forward Thief River Falls.
Wednesday, Nov. 5th; 6:30 – 8:30pm
Heritage Community Center in Thief River Falls
Come and enjoy an evening with farmers, local food producers and supporters, featuring: Chef Sue Doeden preparing dishes with foods from area farms. Plus four “lightning workshops” in a round-robin format:
1. Lake Agassiz Sustainable Farming Association offering
free memberships until April 2015 and highlighting next year’s Lake Agassiz Chicken Festival.
2. Homemade Cheese Presses for your kitchen.
3. Growing Forward Thief River Falls – a local food hub
4. Growing Vegetables in High Tunnels There will be light refreshments served along with samples from Chef Doeden.
Coordinator: Marie Petry Address: 1762 160th St, Wolverton Phone Number: 218.995.2002 Email: email@example.com
Watch here for new events in 2014!
Past Event Festival of Farms 2013
Lake Agassiz Chapter hosted a Farmer-to-Farmer Networking event July 13 at Marie and Bob Petry’s GrassStain Farm in Wolverton. There was a farm tour showcasing GrassStain Farm’s grazing paddocks, eggmobile, pastured pen poultry, small jersey herd, new cover crop project and new high tunnel. A potluck lunch followed at noon, and after lunch, there was be a chicken processing demonstration and then plenty of time to network and enjoy the farm. For more information or to RSVP, contact Lake Agassiz Chapter coordinator Marie Petry at 218.995.2002 or grass
Lake Agassiz Chapter in the news:
- “Farmer-to-Farmer Networking is Key for Petry,” AgriNews, April 29, 2013