What could go better with garlicky dishes prepared by local chefs than fine wines from Hutchinson’s own Crow River Winery and New Ulm’s Morgan Creek Vineyards, plus award-winning craft beers from Harriet Brewing and Lucid?
NEW this year: apple cider from Sociable Cider Werks!
And you’ll be able to take your glass or mug with you as you dine at The Great Scape Cafe and other food purveyors.
Here’s how it works:
- The Wine and Beer will be available from 12:00 to 5:00 p.m. in the Agribition building, alongside the Garlic Growing Contest, Upcycle Fashion Show and Kite Making.
- $20 (and your I.D. proving you’re over 21) gets you a commemorative wine glass or beer mug and three drink tickets.
- Then you can fill that glass at the tasting booth of your choice by giving the vendor one of your drink tickets, knowing that each glass you buy is a vote for “The Garlic Festival People’s Choice Awards.”
- Wander about the grounds, fine beverage in hand.
- Return to the Agribition Building, redeem another of your tickets, and take in the Upcycle Fashion Show, build a kite, or be awed by all the spectacular garlic in the Growing Contest.
- Redeem your third ticket, wander out to the Local Foods/Local Arts Stage, have supper at The Great Scape Cafe, watch a cooking demo and listen to some music.
- At 5:30, cheer for your favorite wine and beer as “The Garlic Festival People’s Choice Awards” are bestowed.
- Take your commemorative glass or mug home with you and treasure it for years to come!
Must be 21 years of age to participate.