What could go better with garlicky dishes prepared by local chefs than fine wines from Hutchinson’s own Crow River Winery and our state’s award-winning craft beers from Lucid Brewing, Badger Hill Brewing and Harriet Brewing? And here’s another perk: this year you’ll be able to take your glass or mug with you as you dine at The Great Scape Cafe and other food purveyors.
Here’s how it works:
- The Wine and Beer will be available from 12:00 to 5:00 p.m. in the Agribition building, alongside the Garlic Growing Contest, Upcycle Fashion Show and Kite Making.
- $20 (and your I.D. proving you’re over 21) gets you a commemorative wine glass or beer mug and three drink tickets.
- Then you can fill that glass at the tasting booth of your choice by giving the vendor one of your drink tickets, knowing that each glass you buy is a vote for “The Garlic Festival People’s Choice Awards.”
- Wander about the grounds, fine beverage in hand.
- Return to the Agribition Building, redeem another of your tickets, and take in the Upcycle Fashion Show, build a kite, or be awed by all the spectacular garlic in the Growing Contest.
- Redeem your third ticket, wander out to the Local Foods/Local Arts Stage, have supper at The Great Scape Cafe, watch a cooking demo and listen to some music.
- At 5:30, cheer for your favorite wine and beer as “The Garlic Festival People’s Choice Awards” are bestowed.
- Take your commemorative glass or mug home with you and treasure it for years to come!
Must be 21 years of age to participate.