The Garlic Festival is a volunteer-driven event. The people who set up the site location, sell tickets, run activities, coordinate vendors, make the food, and clean up afterwards – they’re all volunteers. We couldn’t do it without them!
If you would like to join the crew – you get a cool staff t-shirt, free admission, and a meal voucher for The Great Scape Cafe!
GARLIC FESTIVAL seeks a new KITES COORDINATOR
Since the mid-50’s, Minnesota Garlic Festival has included “Kite Making and Flying” as a feature of our fabulous festival, and now we are, once again, looking to fill the position of Kites Coordinator. (The previous Kites Coordinators have gone on to even greater positions like Beer & Wine Tasting Coordinator, Sponsor Coordinator, and retirement, with only a minimal amount of interim therapy.)
The Garlic Festival produces the Kites feature in collaboration with the deposed King of the MN Kite Flying Association (the title of “King” is made up, but there really is a MN Kite Flying Association, and this guy was their president).
Kites Coordinator Duties:
– Coordinate in advance of the festival with the Kite Making King;
– Arrange for kite making facilities to accommodate 200+ kiters, in coordination with the Garlic Festival Director;
– Supervise, with the help of volunteers, the Kite Making and Flying event on the day of the festival (August 15th in 2015);
– aggressively and annoyingly remind all the happy kite making participants that even though we aren’t charging them for this, here’s the donation jar, thank you very much.
This gig is totally volunteer, but we will:
– reimburse you for mileage and expenses;
– invite you to a really cool Coordinator’s Party on May 13th;
– give you a coveted staff t-shirt.
Opportunities for Advancement:
– The festival would like to expand the Kites feature to include such things as a professional kite flying demonstration, a kite making competition and any other creative ideas you may have;
– and we’re even willing to offer a stipend for these additional components if they mean more money in the aforementioned donation jar;
– and just imagine how “Kites Coordinator” would look on your resume.
Deadline: We need you now.
Contact: Please send an email of inquiry to Jerry Ford, Festival Director, 763-244-6659, gro.n1432712418m-afs1432712418@yrre1432712418j1432712418
“Volunteers are what make garlic grow! Garlic Fest could not happen if it was not for over 150 volunteers that make this fest the best! Thank to all of those who take time to help out.”
-Amelia Neaton, Past Volunteer Coordinator