Registration is now open for the 2018 Sustainable Farming Association Annual Conference, Minnesota’s sustainable agriculture showcase set for 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Feb. 10 at the College of Saint Benedict in St. Joseph.
- Soil Health for Small Acreage
- Deep Winter Greenhouses: How Do They Fit in a Sustainable Farming System?
- Livestock Health: To Vaccinate or Not to Vaccinate
- Telling Your Story to Sell Your Product
- Do I Really Need a Permit for a Potluck?
- Growing and Marketing Premium Minnesota Garlic
- Benefits of Grazing Public Lands: Ecological, Potential, Practicality
- A Tale of Two Farm Transitions
- Integrating Solar Energy Into Your Farm
- FSA Programs for Small Farms and Women Producers
Additional sessions are planned, as well as a Spotlight on Sponsors lunch, the end-of-day social with local food and drink, a full trade show and more. See the complete schedule-in-progress here.
Super Early Bird registration is just $50 through Dec. 31 for current SFA members. Online preregistration ends Feb. 7, 2018; Registration at the door will be available to all for $70. Veggie Buds is returning – children 3-12 may again enroll in this popular food-centric educational programming for just $10.
Also returning is the pre-conference event, “Meet Your Farmers and Foodies Social & Jam Session,” from 7 to 9 p.m. Feb. 9 at Minnesota Street Market, 27 Minnesota St W, St. Joseph. Bring the whole family, your instruments, or just drop in to say hello. There is plenty of space to chat inside one of St. Joe’s fine local food establishments. Info: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sponsor/Exhibitor registration is also open. Download the 2018 SFA Conference Application and submit before we fill up with exhibitors.
The SFA Annual Conference is sponsored by Compeer Financial, Iroquois Valley Farms, Minnesota Dept. of Agriculture, Albert Lea Seed, Highview Advisors, Minnesota Farmers Union, MISA, NCR-SARE and Renewing the Countryside.