Connect with the chapter and other member farmers on Facebook!
Chapter President: Kathy Zeman, Simple Harvest Farm Organics
Address: Nerstrand MN 55053
The Cannon River Chapter of the Sustainable Farming Association of Minnesota encompasses sustainable farmers and like-minded consumers in the general area of Dodge, Goodhue, Steele, Rice, LeSueur, Dakota, and Scott Counties.
Sign up for our email list, where we share buy / sell items, educational opportunities. Over 275 farmers / foodies on the list, mostly within 2 hours of Northfield. Email Kathy Zeman at firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up.
Nice article in Agri-News on our members Mary Ellen Frame, Erin Johnson & Ben Doherty: Farm Transitions.
Our current projects include:
- Farmer to Farmer Exchanges: A monthly get together for farmers that is loosely centered on a theme.
- Feb. 20: Livestock Issues. 6:30-8:30 p.m. Hosted by Kathy Zeman, Simple Harvest Farm Organics, Nerstrand.
- March 22: Budding Farmers Field Day — Youth Only! 1-3 p.m. Hosted by Lars Haslett-Marroquin and his family, Northfield.
- March 29: Growing Transplants. 1-3 p.m. Hosted by Linda Halley, Gardens of Eagan, Northfield.
- May 17: Lessons Learned. 3-5 p.m. Hosted by Rae Rusnak, L&R Poultry & Produce, Kenyon. – Read more –
- Festival of Farms: July 12th. Waxwing Farm, Webster.
- Bulk Purchasing and Equipment Sharing initiatives.