If you are a beginning farmer, and would like to be informed of new opportunities and resources as they become available, we’d like to offer you a FREE one-year membership in SFA. Click here to sign up.
Future farmers should consider the Deep Roots Farmer Development Program.
Click this link to visit our Deep Roots homepage.
Beginning Grazier Handbook
Designed to assist the beginning grazier in designing and implementing a grazing system, our new Beginning Grazier Handbook is a starting place to quickly and easily find pertinent information. Most of the resources listed include website links for additional interest-specific grazing information.
- The Minnesota Dept. of Agriculture has launched two new resources: Minnesota Farm Link, to link farmers and farmland; and a directory of Beginning and Transitioning Farmer Information.
- MOSES has its “Land Link-Up” to help connect those looking for farmland with those looking to rent or sell. Click here to visit.
- The Land Stewardship Project hosts a “Seeking Farmers, Seeking Land Clearinghouse” where folks can post free listings for 90 days. Click here to visit.
- The Minnesota Institute for Sustainable Agriculture sponsors the “SustAgMarket” Listserv as a place where rural farmers, urban farmers, and sustainable agriculture-related business enterprises can exchange information about goods and services for sale or trade. Click here to learn more and subscribe.
- The American Farmland Trust has a new report, Cultivating the Next Generation: Resources and Policies to Help Beginning Farmers Succeed in Agriculture. Click here to download the PDF file.
- The Samuel Roberts Noble Foundation has published a guide to constructing a hoophouse. Click here to view the guide and download the PDF.
- Grit Magazine published a terrific guide to starting and succeeding as a CSA farm operator by author Nathan A. Winters. To read the article, click this link or download in PDF format.