If you are a beginning farmer, and would like to be informed of new opportunities and resources as they become available, we’d like to offer you a FREE one-year membership in SFA ($30 value). Click here to sign up.
Future farmers should consider the Deep Roots Farmer Development Program. The instructors include SFA Livestock and Grazing Specialist Kent Solberg as well as SFA Central Chapter board member Dr. Sue Wika.
Click this link to visit our Deep Roots homepage.
For now, if you are a land owner interested in identifying a possible successor for your farm and/or farm business, please click here.
- The Land Stewardship Project hosts a “Seeking Farmers, Seeking Land Clearinghouse” where folks can post free listings for 90 days. Click here to visit.
- The Minnesota Institute for Sustainable Agriculture sponsors the “SustAgMarket” Listserv as a place where rural farmers, urban farmers, and sustainable agriculture-related business enterprises can exchange information about goods and services for sale or trade. Click here to learn more and subscribe.
- The American Farmland Trust has a new report, Cultivating the Next Generation: Resources and Policies to Help Beginning Farmers Succeed in Agriculture. Click here to download the PDF file.
- The Samuel Roberts Noble Foundation has published a guide to constructing a hoophouse. Click here to view the guide and download the PDF.
- Grit Magazine published a terrific guide to starting and succeeding as a CSA farm operator by author Nathan A. Winters. To read the article, click this link or download in PDF format.