If you are a beginning farmer, and would like to be informed of new opportunities and resources as they become available, we’d like to offer you a FREE one-year membership in SFA ($30 value). Click here to sign up.
Future farmers should consider the Deep Roots Farmer Development Program.
Click this link to visit our Deep Roots homepage.
For now, if you are a land owner interested in identifying a possible successor for your farm and/or farm business, please click here.
Beginning Grazier Handbook
Designed to assist the beginning grazier in designing and implementing a grazing system, our new Beginning Grazier Handbook is a starting place to quickly and easily find pertinent information. Most of the resources listed include website links for additional interest-specific grazing information.
- MOSES has its “Land Link-Up” to help connect those looking for farmland with those looking to rent or sell. Click here to visit.
- The Land Stewardship Project hosts a “Seeking Farmers, Seeking Land Clearinghouse” where folks can post free listings for 90 days. Click here to visit.
- The Minnesota Institute for Sustainable Agriculture sponsors the “SustAgMarket” Listserv as a place where rural farmers, urban farmers, and sustainable agriculture-related business enterprises can exchange information about goods and services for sale or trade. Click here to learn more and subscribe.
- The American Farmland Trust has a new report, Cultivating the Next Generation: Resources and Policies to Help Beginning Farmers Succeed in Agriculture. Click here to download the PDF file.
- The Samuel Roberts Noble Foundation has published a guide to constructing a hoophouse. Click here to view the guide and download the PDF.
- Grit Magazine published a terrific guide to starting and succeeding as a CSA farm operator by author Nathan A. Winters. To read the article, click this link or download in PDF format.