The Sustainable Farming Association of Minnesota supports the development and enhancement of sustainable farming systems through farmer-to-farmer networking, innovation, demonstration, and education
- Promote sustainable farming systems through innovation and demonstration of profitable and environmentally sound farming methods that benefit rural families and communities.
- Enhance and expand our information network among SFA members, SFA Chapters, and the public through on-farm learning experiences, online communications, seminars, research projects, and the media.
- Mentor and encourage farmers, especially the next farming generation.
- Research, market, and promote sustainable agriculture practices and products by working with governmental and non-profit agencies, colleges and universities, faith communities and other organizations.
- Increase farmer participation and profitability in developing and expanding community-based food systems.
- Inform and educate consumers about healthy food and farming practices that yield a diverse array of sustainably produced food, fiber and energy.
- Renewing the Countryside
Renewing the Countryside strengthens rural areas by championing rural communities, farmers, artists, entrepreneurs, educators, activists and other people who are renewing the countryside through sustainable and innovative initiatives, businesses, and projects.