Lake Superior Chapter is hosting its annual meeting from 9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Sat., Jan. 27 at Peace Church, 1111 N 11th Ave E, Duluth. Register at the door: Cost is $15 for current members and $20 for nonmembers. All are welcome.
The agenda opens at 9 a.m. with registration and includes a business meeting as well as a series of presentations:
- “Working With Herbs,” Eric Ament, Anahata Herbals
- “Tips & Tactics for Marketing Great Garlic,” Jerry Ford, SFA
- “Soil Health & the Changing Paradigm in Agriculture,” Theresa Keaveny, SFA Executive Director
- “Foraging food: nut crops,” Gil Swartz, Seasonally Sourced
- “Food Safety on your farm,” David Abazs
Also planned is plenty of networking, a lunch of homemade soup, bread and dessert, and membership registration.