The VanDerPols, of Pastures A Plenty Farm in Kerkhoven, will co-host the webinar with attorney Rachel Dahl of Hellmuth & Johnson. Topics the VanDerPols will discuss are ones they have encountered during their own farm transition, including:
- How to be fair to off-farm heirs and farming children while not shorting our own needs and wants.
- In land transfer, timing means a great deal because land values are dynamic.
- Times spent working to build the farm and business by the farming children and especially the older generation must come into consideration.
- Transfer must allow the older generation to be out of the way of the ambitions of the younger ones.
- Feelings are as important as dollars. Family good health and unity depend on it.
Join the webinar on Nov. 14 at this link.