Minnesota Garlic Festival, the premier event for lovers of garlic, great local foods and good times is 10 a.m.-6 p.m. this Sat., Aug. 12, at the McLeod County Fairgrounds in Hutchinson!
Family friendly, fun-filled and fragrant, this festival features fantastic foods, celebrity chefs, marvelous music, area artisans, goofy games and lots of GARLIC – all in support of a healthy environment, sustainable farms and vital rural communities in Minnesota.
Rain or shine, this festival stinks! Here’s a quick list of links to find out all you need to know to have a great time:
- Here’s the main homepage, with a really fun video of last year.
- Celebrity chef cooking demonstrations all day.
- The Great Scape Cafe: a one-day-only pop-up restaurant run by area chefs with foods from local farmers.
- Get your local garlic for seed and table from 15 of the finest growers in the Upper Midwest.
- Minnesota wine, beer and cider.
- Enter your garlic in the Garlic Growers Contest and win fabulous prizes.
- All day kids activities: games, kite making/flying, dancing, crafts, be-in-the-parade and more.
- Medallion Hunt, Massage Troubadours, great entertainment, an 11-foot horn.
- Over 80 concessions: food, arts, crafts and more.
- Get advance tickets here.
- And proceeds go to further SFA’s mission of sustainable agriculture education and networking, so you’re supporting a great cause.
NOTE: When using GPS, Google, etc., enter this address: 840 Century Ave SW, Hutchinson, MN 55350. Otherwise it will send you to the wrong entrance.
Come to Garlic Fest and share the bounty!