Dr. Allen Williams and SFA Livestock & Grazing Specialist Kent Solberg have developed the classroom outline for our upcoming “Dirt Rich: Building Soil Health Experts” events, which include separate two-day sessions: 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Aug. 8-9 in Faribault and 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Aug. 10-11 in Blue Earth.
- What is soil health and how can we influence?
- Soil physical, chemical and biological characteristics
- Use and benefits of cover crops
- Livestock integration and adaptive grazing
- Field visit of three fields under different management
- Soil health indicators and monitoring tools
- Soil Bio-profile Analysis and what it looks like in the field
- View examples of cover crops, reduced tillage and seeding techniques
- Grazing paddock size, design, fencing and water systems
- How to build a paddock
… and more.
The cost for each two-day session is $80 for SFA members and $100 for nonmembers. Lunch is included.
Questions: Wayne Monsen at email@example.com or 1.844.922.5573 Ext. 712.