By Teresa Opheim • Senior Fellow, Renewing the Countryside
There is no better way to keep rural communities vibrant than to provide land for a family to farm. At the same time, there is a surge of those wanting to farm, in SFA and elsewhere. If you don’t have a farming heir but want to find a family to work your land, here are some resources to consider. To read our recent, more comprehensive article on this topic, click here.
- Join the new farm transitions discussion list! Click here to sign up.
- Minnesota Land Link
- Land for Good has a variety of resources for farmland owners without farming heirs.
- To read about farmland owners who have provided land for non-related farmers to farm (including Dale Nimrod), click here.
- Transferring the Farm Series is an excellent overall resource.
- Federal financing for those farming 10 years or less.
- Information on a program to use CRP land to help beginning farmers.
- Resources for landowners who want to find farmers.
- Company that helps young farmers rent or buy farmland.