When an SFA Chapter, Networking Group, or approved member is hosting an SFA event, we have built the infrastructure to facilitate the following.
Upon submission of basic event information through our SFA Event Entry Form, which is available both on the Chapter Resource Portal and Networking Group Resource Portal, the SFA Communications Team will:
- Build an event registration page
- Build an event homepage on www.sfa-mn.org
- Add the event to the SFA Events Calendar, which qualifies the event for coverage under SFA’s event insurance policy
- Advertise the event in the SFA Connect newsletter, which is sent every two weeks to over 3,000 sustainable ag supporters in the Upper Midwest
- Share event details on the SFA news feed, social media and, when appropriate, the SUSTAG email listserv
- Email the event details to people in the event’s geographic vicinity, when appropriate
- Email registrant information to the organizer on the eve of the event for ease of check-in
This process ensures that each official SFA event is communicated properly to produce maximum visibility and ensure branding consistency. We hope to add an on-site online check-in/paid registration function in the future.