The schedule is set for this year’s expanded Midwest Soil Health Summit, and we’ve added additional programming on the conference’s first day to buttress a second day that’s chock-full of expert soil health programming.
New learning and networking opportunities for the Summit’s first day include a session led by SFA Executive Director John Mesko on Soil Health Basics as well as an International Roundtable. Other programming the first day includes our popular social time with buffet and cash bar, the return of “Gab With Gabe,” a film screening, and more.
Our impromptu discussion tables were such a hit last year, they’re returning as well. Look for discussion tables throughout the day Feb. 19 featuring Summit experts, or suggest one you’d like to see – if you’re a dairy producer, maybe you want to network with other dairy producers; if you’re from North Dakota, maybe you would like to chat with others in your region. Discussion tables are the perfect format. Make a suggestion to firstname.lastname@example.org or talk to an SFA staffer at the Summit and we’ll do our best to make it work.
Here’s the schedule, and don’t forget to register ASAP as we are expecting a sellout – SFA members save $50 on registration. Additionally, there are a couple of spots open for “Gab With Gabe,” our limited-ticket reception with Gabe Brown. Register for that here – note that this is separate from the general MSHS registration.
Wed., Feb. 18
- 1 p.m. – Registration Opens
- 1 p.m. – Soil Health Basics with John Mesko
- 2:30 p.m. – International Round Table
- 4 p.m. – Special “Gab With Gabe” networking event with Gabe Brown. To attend you must purchase the additional “Gab With Gabe” ticket.
- 6 p.m. – Social Time begins with cash bar, heavy appetizer buffet, welcome, interview of Gabe Brown and Dr. Allen Williams by John Mesko, “Soil Carbon Cowboys” film screening, and more
Thurs., Feb. 19
- 7 a.m. – Registration opens
- 8 a.m. – Opening Plenary Session: Welcome and introduction by John Mesko, VIP Welcome, Housekeeping with Jerry Ford
- 8:15 a.m. – Dr. Allen Williams
- 9:35 a.m. – Jerry Doan
- 10:30 a.m. – Discussion Tables: Allen Williams, Jerry Doan, Gabe Brown
- 11 a.m. – Ian Cunningham
- 11:45 a.m. – LUNCH: Buffet and discussion tables with Ian Cunningham and Gabe Brown
- 1 p.m. – Dr. Wendy Taheri, “Understanding the Role of Diversity in Agricultural Ecosystems”
- 1:45 p.m. – Dr. Michael Lehman
- 2:30 p.m. – Discussion Tables: Wendy Taheri, Mike Lehman
- 3 p.m. – Kent Solberg
- 3:50 p.m. – Keynote: Gabe Brown
- 5:15 p.m. – Conference ends