We are thinking about topics for our next SFA Annual Conference, set for Feb. 14, 2015, again at the College of Saint Benedict in St. Joseph.
Voting closes Oct. 30 for 2015 Annual Conference session topics – click this link to begin voting. The more votes we tabulate, the more accurately we can tailor the session schedule around your wishes.
We’re up to 61 topic ideas and over 4,000 votes! The top ten vote-getters as of Aug. 24, 2014:
- Salvaging, Repurposing, Upcycling, and Restoring farm equipment and buildings
- Deep Winter Solar Greenhouses
- How Can Sustainably Produced Fiber Contribute to the Success of Local Food Initiatives
- Integrating Crops & Livestock
- Multi-Species Grazing
- Get a butcher there to discuss what cuts to produce, how to decide when to butcher, proper nutrition (grass based) for best results, etc.
- Cover Crops & Soil Health
- LLC, LC3 and 501c(3) which one is right for me? A conversation about limiting liability and your business.
- Direct Marketing Meat
- Value-Added Processing
Make your voice heard – submit your own ideas and vote early and often.