Crow River Chapter is taking a different approach to its Annual Chapter Meeting: an intense and inspiring gathering as the chapter seeks to expand the breadth and depth of local food production. The meeting will be from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Jan. 4 at Gale Woods Farm in Minnetrista.
The chapter has assembled a roster of movers, shakers and experts to lead the discussion:
- Danny Schwarztman, Common Roots Cafe
- Mike Phillips, Red Table
- Barb Mechura, Hopkins Schools
- Lucia Watson, Lucia’s Restaurant
- Doug Hilgendorf, Whole Grain Milling
- Carrie Nicklow, Driven Donkey
- Carl Blanz and Gina Coburn – Three Crows Cafe and Restaurant, Delano
- Valerie Gamble – State of Minnesota Food Inspection Supervisor
- Dale Woodbeck – Lakewinds Natural Foods
- Jenny Breen – Good Life Catering
Join this diverse of local farm and food thinkers to discuss how to move beyond CSA’s and summer farmers markets and broaden our local food production capabilities.
Lunch is a pot-luck with a main course by Mary Jane Miller, and a social time will follow the last session.
Cost: $10 plus membership renewal. Registration: www.sfa-mn.org/crow-river, or request a printable form from Jerry Ford, gro.n1430062674m-afs1430062674@yrre1430062674j1430062674.